Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dream Crushing Tuna



As most of you know I am training for a Body Building Figure Competition. I have to eat a rediculous amount of protein. Last night as I forced myself to open a can of tuna I was disappointed to find that there was only a third of the normal portion that a can of tuna should contain.





This was my letter to Starkist Tuna:





I recently purchased Chunk Light Tuna from a local Albertson's. Tuna is a necessary staple in my diet for a body building figure competition. Tonight as I forced myself to consume my last portion of protein (1 can of Tuna) I was greatly discouraged when I opened the can to find less than half the tuna that the label claims to contain. I measured it and sure enough it was only 1/4 cup tuna. The label clearly states that 1 can contains 2.5 1/4cup servings. I rely on starkist tuna to help me achieve my goals. Now I'm discouraged feeling that I should have measured the contents of the past several cans of tuna. Not consuming the right amount of protein is a large detriment to my success. I am working harder than ever before to obtain this goal and Starkist has let me down. I feel I should be compensated considering now I have to go back to the store and get another can of Tuna to complete my protein consumption. 1 can of Tuna normally isn't a big deal at all but, when it takes everything you've got to make yourself consume it and to find out that all along it may not have even been enough is crushing. I hope you will understand and choose to support me in my journey to success.

This was my best attempt at midnight trying to be dramatically funny.

1 comment:

kathryn said...

marcella
hey, what's up? you look AWESOME... i look like a beached whale. loverly. hey, what is the name of the company that you got your baby sling from? it looks like it's really comfortable. i think i'm going to need one for this baby, because third babies don't come with an extra pair of arms for mom (they totally should, by the way).

are you going to be in utah any time soon?
hope all is well, hi to you all (maggie really misses mckenna! she talks about her all the time).