Tuesday, October 14, 2008

High Protein Meals for Busy Moms

I eat 6 meals a day every 2-3 hours apart.
Every meal contains 25grams of protein.

Low Carb Day
Pre Workout- protein and oatmeal
Post Workout- quick protein and simple carb
Meal 3,4,5,6- protein and veggies (no carbs)

Turkey Wraps
Prep 2-3 servings in baggies

5- 1oz. slices of turkey
Green/Red pepper (could use cucumber)
Spray Ranch Dressing



Omelet and Bacon
I get a little fancier for Dinner

Turkey Bacon (could chop it up and put it in the omelet)
Saute green pepper, onion, and mushrooms
4 egg whites
1/4 cup FF cottage cheese- put it inside while on the pan and let it melt a bit.


This is what I use to marinate my chicken.
I buy Sam's Club chicken ($2.20/lb) thaw the whole bag
I pick 2-3 marinades and do 4-5 breasts in each.
Marinade overnight.
Then stick them on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven.
350 degrees for 1 hour.

I chop them up, measure out 5oz portions, baggy all of it,
stick half in the freezer and half in my designated drawer in the fridge.


I find that when I fail to stay on my meal plan it's because I'm not prepared.

2 comments:

Misty said...

I find that a great trick is:

1 Hidden Valley Packet
1 Large tub of Cottage Cheese
Blend well together (adding as much ranch seasoning as needed) and viola, you have low-fat, low-carb ranch dressing that you can dip your veggies in. LOVE IT!

John S. Shumway said...

how come I only get three meals a day? What a jip.