Thursday, July 10, 2008

COLOR DAY!

I'm trying to do more learning activities with the kids. Basically, I'm competing to be the best mom of the year! Do you ever get a really great idea for an activity with your kids? You spend the money and time preparing and getting all the right stuff; "Construction paper,check. Stickers, check. Paint, check. Brushes, empty pop bottles, beans, macaroni, string, oh, and don't forget the glue." Then before you know it your "Great Idea" is all over the floor with the dog eating it and your kids are screaming while in time out. You find yourself sitting at thier tiny table making your own craft that you had envisioned the entire week. If you couldn't tell, I've been there several times. So I decided, with the help of my genius friend Shellie, that I would do "fly by the seat of your pants" activities that don't take prep or money. We'll see how it goes.

Here is my latest idea:

Color day is when you teach colors with anything you have.
Color Pancakes:
Pancake Mix
Sprinkles
-Mix and follow Pancake instructions. Mmmmm delicious
So delicious McKenna at a record 6 small pancakes!!!
And Grant had his first Pancake ever!




Then things got interesting. Learning what happens when you combine colors!
Needed: Water, Food Coloring, Clear glasses.
Mix the colors and see what happens. Can you make the color Purple?


3 comments:

Lauren said...

I totally can relate. You are a great mom, Marcella. I love reading about the pancakes. Thanks for the idea!

T said...

oh you are to cute!!! You are a wonderful mom!!!

John S. Shumway said...

I wondered why that purple juice tasted like water and shame.