Monday, June 9, 2008

Eating Clean


It seems like everyone around me is on a clean eating/fitness kick. Maybe it's summer, maybe its the "law of attraction" (from The Secret). Whatever the reason it's great!

Eating Clean is not a new concept its what everyone knows they should be doing.
Proteins- Egg whites, chicken, lean beef, turkey, and fish
Carbs- Oatmeal, brown rice, vegetables, whole wheat
Fat- You'll get all the fat you need by eating the lean proteins

1. Eat 6 small meals.
2. Only 2-3 clean carbs per day.
3. Lots of water!
4. Have protein at every meal.
General rule is 1/2 of your body weight is your daily grams of Protein.

Pretty simple. Just think clean clean clean.

My favorite thing to eat right now is:
5oz. of Ground Turkey with Taco seasoning mixed with 1/2 cup Brown rice and Salsa.

I'm having a challenge with my friend Shellie to see who can do 100% the longest.
Wish me luck!

2 comments:

also known as shell said...

there has been so many times today that I thought... "I'm going to just eat one fruit snack piece" or "I just want to eat that one little bite of pizza kate didn't finish"

but I didn't because I don't want to reset my clock. seriously this is the best idea to have a running clock. thinking of resetting it would be horrible!!!

Lauren said...

I just checked your blog and I'm so glad that it's working now! I added you onto my links. I miss you so much! I wish that we lived closer to hang out. The kids are adorable. We'll see you in August!!